The coastal zone including our estuaries are among some of our most valued and sensitive environments. Urban development and catchment land uses have considerable influence on the health of our estuaries and coastal communities.
Our company has more than 20 years of experience undertaking studies of estuary processes, catchment water quality assessments and working with clients to develop strategies for the management of issues in this dynamic environment.
Our services include:
- Estuary process studies, including review and field investigations of physical processes and biological communities.
- Assessment and management of acid sulfate soils.
- Catchment water quality and hydrology investigations.
- Ecological Character Descriptions (ECDs) and Ramsar Information Sheets for Ramsar wetlands.
- Preparation of estuary management plans and coastal management programs (NSW).
- Preparation of Natural Values Assessments (TAS).
- Estuarine habitat mapping.
- Estuarine ecological condition assessments including water and sediment quality to inform catchment and waterway managers on issues such as eutrophication and harmful algal blooms.
- Estuary water quality monitoring, vertical profiling, storm-event sampling and discrete interval sampling, including testing for water stratification and presence of anoxic zones to assess risk of fish kill.
- Food web assessments and sampling of estuary biota for bioaccumulative contaminants, including PFAS, heavy metals, dioxins, PCBs and organochlorines.
- Impact assessments for development applications for estuary foreshore infrastructure, such as jetties, wharves and revetments.