Our staff are highly qualified and experienced in the identification of marine, estuarine and freshwater flora and fauna. We operate a biological laboratory in our New South Wales office which supports our ecological monitoring programs and the biodiversity projects we undertake.
The laboratory is equipped with microscopes, digital imaging tools, taxonomic references, and in-house voucher reference collections. Our curation procedures follow standard museum and herbarium protocols for labelling, preservation and recording.
Our biological identification services include:
- Marine and freshwater macroalgae
- Riparian vegetation and aquatic macrophytes
- Stream macroinvertebrates
- Fish assemblages
- Invertebrate communities – soft sediment infauna, epifauna, and sessile invertebrates of rocky reefs and artificial structures
- Network of colleagues who are experts in the identification of marine phytoplankton
- Archive of specimen voucher collections for baseline ecological surveys and long-term monitoring programs and that require historical documentation
- Sample collection and preparation for molecular analytical approaches using eDNA and DNA sequencing.
Get in touch to discuss your project needs.